I love this print of Jim Dine's titled The Handkerchief. I have done several Jim Dine projects over the years, but have never come across this particular print. I decided to experiment with bleeding tissue paper, acrylic paint and chalk and nu pastels to see if I could create a lesson with a similar look and feel.
Here is what I came up with-
I have tried this with a preschool class and with K-6th grade students at one of the schools I teach at. The kids loved choosing colors and applying the tissue paper. (the bleeding tissue paper is always a winner!). For the preschool class I applied the pastel and let them blend with their finger.(sorry forgot to take pictures at the end). They turned out amazing though-neither the students or their parents could believe they had done them. The older kids are only half way thru so I will post the finished projects next week.